Wednesday 13 November 2013

OUGD504: Design Production - Design for Print Letterpress Research

After researching letterpress I have discovered that it is not just produced using wood block type in a set space. I found a website called Blush publishing and they use another method which allows them to produce images and other designs. I think that I could really enjoy producing work with this process. I would like to experiment with embossing the letterpress design. 






Traditional letterpress

I have tried this at Vernon Street and really enjoyed the process, I have wanted to experiment with it more but the machine has been moved to Blenheim and is not yet available for use. 




Do it yourself letterpress

I think I would like to purchase a machine like this and experiment with the process myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment