Friday 1 November 2013

OUGD504: Design Production - Design for Web Underground Research

The theme of my website is the tube, I want to make my site very info-graphic lead and visual because of the sheer amount of information I have to say. I was told about an info-graphic which had been produced to mark the 150 year anniversary of the tube by one of the designers at Enjoy Digital in Leeds. 




I really like this info-graphic and the style which is used to illustrate information. One of my reservations about this brief is the fact that the tube is such a recognisable piece of graphic design that it will not be made my own as it is very hard to stray from the original idea. This info-graphic uses the tube design and is also very different with the images it uses. 

I think this info-graphic is really interesting and the continuous line is very fitting with the design of the tube map. This concept is something I would really like to use for my website because I think it is a good way to illustrate the history of the tube in a visually pleasing way. 

I personally love the idea of having the information flowing in this way because it makes something which is quite dry in content interesting. It is fascinating to me that something so simple as image can transform a piece of information and make it interesting and engaging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment