Wednesday 13 November 2013

OUGD504: Design Production - Design for Web Timelines

The main feature for my website is the timeline aspect, I have been looking at websites which use a timeline on their websites and I will take inspiration from these. 



I chose this navigation bar because of its resemblance to the tube map, I think that Harry Beck's design is revolutionary and has really marked the design industry. The fictionality of the map makes it easy for users to get the most out of a design. I think that using this design template as a navigation bar might confuse people as they will not think to click on the circles to display more information as they would not do this on the map of the tube. 


The idea of having the timeline incorporated into the scrolling and navigation of the website is a great idea, I think that by taking away the users need to click on the specific parts of the timeline it will make them enjoy the process of looking through the site more. Lorraine has always said that web users are lazy and do not want to have to do much when they are on a website and I agree, this idea might be key to presenting my information.



I really like how this website promoting Graf Von Faber-Castell pens have used a timeline in their website. I think the idea of having the timeline in a secondary navigation bar is really interesting and not as confusing as the first example I have shown. I think that the design of this website is so appealing because it is so minimal which is something I think I definitely need to aim for when I create my website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment