Wednesday 20 November 2013

OUGD504: Design Production - Design for Web Inspiration

The content of my website lends its self to information graphics, with this in mind I have looked at some existing websites which are information graphic lead and use them in a way which makes it easy for people to navigate around easily.

100 Ans De Tour
Source


Homepage (index)

I really like the aesthetic and how easy it is to navigate around. I am not a fan of the colour yellow but this links to the subject matter which is the tour de France. I was not aware of this site because I am not part of the target audience which is a shame because it is such a nice website. When it comes to designing my website I have many facts and figures to display which I want to do in a visually pleasing way, this design does just that. The information graphics are used because it is a global tournament which means that language barriers will need to be addressed, my subject has the exact same problems.


A list of dates which each link to a separate page of the site.


When one is clicked it opens into another page with a map of the world.


The site will zoom into the map and shade the country in black which helps the audience to see visually where the event happens. There is also a rectangle in the bottom corner made up of smaller rectangles which gives the information and figures from that year. This is written in French but it is not noticeable due to the design of the site and the information graphics used. 


In the top left hand corner of the site there is an option which links to three other pages with information graphics to display facts and figures about the competition. These are really modern and interesting to look at. 


The imagery used are very specific to the subject and allow the audience to constantly relate back to the initial subject. 


Colour is not used unless it is to define a different country which adds to the simplicity and minimalism of the site. 

I think this idea could be developed and work for my site. I would have specific features which apply to my subject matter which would hopefully encourage the target audience to interact and engage with it. 


Martina Sperl
Source

This website is promoting a furniture maker, her site is incredibly simple and image based which I think is very inviting and also allows the user to be as lazy as they might want to be. Her site is designed very well though I think her navigation bar should always be visible and not just show when the person hovers over the right hand side of the page.



Navigation bar appears once the user hovers over the right hand side of the page. This is a nice effect to keep the images as the main focus but I think that some people would get lazy and decide to leave the page because they do not want to look for the navigation bar. 




Bruce Gillingham Pollard















Numiko









No comments:

Post a Comment