Wednesday 24 October 2012

OUGD404 Love and Hate design

For our first Design Principles session we were asked to identify four pieces of graphic design. 2 that we love and 2 that we hate. We also had to provide reasoning behind our choices.

Love


One of the main reasons I am draw to graphic design is usually the tone of voice in which a piece has been delivered. I like design to make me laugh or smile. I chose this packaging design for those exact reasons. I am also a fan of hand drawn illustration which was another reason why I chose this design.



Christmas is my favourite time of year and the coca cola adverts round the holiday season off perfectly. I have always been a fan of the christmas campaign by coca cola as I think it encompasses the feeling of christmas and is timeless. 

Hate




The olympic logo shocked me from the moment I saw it. I think it is very badly designed and its function would not be clear with out the type and the use of olympic logo.



My orthodontist's logo makes me really angry as it is clear that it has been done on Microsoft Powerpoint with a preset shape and the gradient fill tool. The logo for the company should reflect the service you're going to receive and this does not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment