Sunday 13 January 2013

OUGD405 - Research, Collect, Communicate Product : Development

I have decided to go with the idea of creating a handbook so will have to choose certain facts which I want to include.


1. Who? When? Where? How?

For my first page I want to include a short summary or timeline of how coffee was discovered. 

Coffee Timeline


From the timeline shown above it is clear that coffee has a long and detailed history. Looking at this I am wondering whether a timeline is a good idea as it would have to be quite detailed. I could cut things out and keep it very simple with just a few events included but I am unsure how I would cut it down. 

After some mini evaluations with my peers and family I have decided to change my idea and make it really simple by having one illustration and sentence per page. I think this will make my book more engaging as people do not usually wish to read massive amounts of body copy. I will still include facts which I have found during this research but will spread it down into multiple pages. 




No comments:

Post a Comment