Thursday 10 January 2013

OUGD405 - Research, Collect, Communicate Product : Global Patterns

One idea I would like to play with is designing packaging for coffee based on the specific country where it is being sold. I have already found some interesting packaging with images of people from the country in which the coffee was grown but I would like to experiment with patterns from each country. I will research into the different options available then choose my favourites to recreate.

China 











After looking at some of the patterns from china I like the traditional designs a lot more than the more modern designs. I think I will try and adapt the traditional designs and make them more contemporary by increasing the stroke size of the the lines. I particularly like the dragon image which is usually associated with China. I think I will try out some drawings of this to see if my idea works. 

Russia












When looking up Russian patterns I was surprised by the results. I did not expect their traditional patterns to be so colourful and flowery. I have never been to Russia and therefore do not have a good idea of the culture and what the imagery was like. I think if I was going to use Russia in my designs I would have to look into the culture more and pull shapes from my research and combine them to make my own pattern. 











Japanese patterns are very similar to Chinese. I do think they would work really well in black and white, the colour scheme I would like to work in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment