Wednesday 9 January 2013

OUGD405 - Coffee Packaging

With the latest brief we have to explore our research theme with the aim to design a product at the end. We were given three different areas to look into;
  • Product and Publication
  • Product and Packaging
  • Product and Distribution
My research theme is coffee, I think the area which would produce the best results would be product and packaging. Though this is the most obvious option to go for I think it could present some great design avenues. 

I started out by looking at cool and interesting packaging which I could adapt and use in my own way.


This design is very quirky yet simple which is the style I would aim towards. I am a fan of characterisation within design so I would be drawn to this if I saw it in reality. As most coffee drinkers are students and young professionals is style would appeal to them also.
64 by Rio Coffee

This design has quite a retro feel to it. I do not think is style works well for coffee but I do like the use of colours. I think this style would work well for car oil or general prints. 
Typographic Package Design for One Tree Coffee Co


Source

I really love this design as it is not generic and looks interesting. I would love to create something along these lines within my work but I think I could struggle as it would be quite limiting within the breif of infographics.

One Village Coffee


Source

This design is a lot more suited to the breif but I think it is a little over crowded and therefore looses some of its appeal. The colours used are also not that appealing and do not connote coffee. In saying this I think it would definately stand out on supermarket selves.

Great packaging by Level Ground, a fair trade coffee company. The packaging celebrates the coffee farmers and shows the 'producer is the real hero'.

Source

I particularly like this design as it is simple, clear and to the point. I think the use of photography is excellent and also a different colour for each packet means that each type of coffee is easy to spot and pick up. I could create something very similar to this though I would have to produce boxes as I do not have the facilities to print onto a packet.
Paradise. Gourmet-club™ Coffee | Lovely Package

Source

If I was to produce coffee packaging I would think that this would probably be a style which I would use as it is quite simple to produce.
Beautiful packaging for gourmet coffee shop. #packaging

Source

Another idea which could be quite interesting as most of the information would be on the belly band. Though this is a different concept I do think that I would be limited with the use of inforgraphics

Coffee clip and scoop from Finnish Design Shop. I don't drink coffee, but I can see it being useful for other scoopable foods that come in bags.love the simple packaging

Source

Coffee and tea packaging


Source

Zoégas, swedish coffee package #packaging

Source

functional and funny coffeee cup carrier. plays off the trend of the mustaches but also has enough room for coffees and cream and stuff. packaging . product design. branding


Source

Dr. Drip Coffee / Lab10 #package #design #packaging #coffee

Source

Coffee Packaging

Source

coffee

Source

























Source For All Above Images


No comments:

Post a Comment