Saturday 26 January 2013

OUGD405 - Research, Collect, Communicate : Product - Belly Band

A piece of feedback I received from my crit was to consider producing a belly bar to go around my book instead of binding it. I like the idea of doing this but I don't think it would work in the place of binding. I think this idea would work better if I produced a set of cards rather than a book.


_0000_Richter_perky_wedding_stationery

Source

The use of string in this design works really well with the colour scheme. As I have produced my work on brown stock I would have to find a type of string which is in keeping with the overall feel of my design. 

_0006_dahlia_nick_wedding_belly_band
Source

I love this style of belly band and I think it adds a feel of fun to the design. I do think, however that this style is maybe a bit to up market and not in keeping with the organic design of my work.

studioonfire_kellywedding_wrapfront

This design is very simple which matches my designs perfectly. I am going to experiment with this kind of belly band as I feel that I could create something in this kind of style with my own twist. My idea is to have a coffee bean at the front of my belly band which contains all of the information needed. 

Source

This kind of belly band is also very appealing and would look really interesting in my designs. Though it is maybe too fancy for my designs I do feel that, if printed on the right stock, I could produce something which works very well within my work. 

Source

This example is also very appealing though I do feel that my design warrants a wider belly band so to be able to display the title of the book and for it to be legible from further away. 


Invitation Customization: Belly Bands<br>  Belly Band Materials for Your Wedding Invite Photo
Source

The thickness of this design is possibly too wide for my work as the cards are only A6 size. I do not need to display a lot of information on the belly band as the title is quite self explanatory.

Invitation Customization: Belly Bands<br>  Belly Band Materials for Your Wedding Invite Photo
Source

The organic feel of this belly band is maybe too literal for my work. I do love the use of this material and the leaf adds more to the effect of the work. I also think that I need something which is rigid to keep my cards in place. 















No comments:

Post a Comment