Sunday 13 January 2013

OUGD405 - Research, Collect, Communicate Product : Handbook

After some consideration and a group discussion I have decided to look into other avenues and different products which I could produce. One thing I have been looking into is handbooks.


I like the concept of this handbook with the folding pages. Handbooks can be really interesting as they are interactive and are more interesting than a normal book. I would really like to design something which is entertaining as well as informative.








This design is more like my initial idea with the patterns from each culture. I love the use of colour in this handbook 














I love this idea which would ensure that I would have an extra little thing which makes my design special. A box with the book inside it would be really helpful and would enable me to narrow down my audience. I would like to aim this at the minority rather than the masses like my packaging idea would. 








I want to create something that is really simple and informative, like the typical info graphic style. This is really important to me as I want anyone at any age to be able to read it. My audience at the moment is undecided as I am unsure whether to publish this book in a magazine or as a singular book. 








I like this interesting idea of creating a sleeve which enables the book to have a duel meaning. The inside of this book is mainly photography based, I like this idea but maybe not for this brief. I like illustrations would be the best for my book.







As I do not know how to bind books I would have to create a really simple book with few pages. I like the style of this book as it has mixed media with illustrations and photography merged together, it is really interesting.











Another idea would be to create one A2 print which I can fold to make a pull put booklet. This would make it interesting an unique which would attract my audience.







As coffee is grown from the earth I could choose to make my booklet on eco friendly paper and bind it in the simplest way. I found this coffee booklet and think I could create something similar until I know how to fully bind books at a professional standard.




The Design

As I am still learning about software packages I have had the idea to produce my images in a collaged style. I found this book oh Behance and think the style would work really well for my booklet. I will experiment with both styles and make my decision from that. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment