Thursday 1 November 2012

OUGD403 - Message and Delivery : Domestic Violence Awareness

When I looked into the subject of domestic violence I wanted to find some specific facts and figures to do with domestic violence and if it is more popular in men or women. Instead I noticed that the websites which offer help for people suffering domestic abuse are primarily for women. The top searches on google all came up with the Women's aid charity. I find this quite alarming as men also suffer from domestic violence even though it is not as widely publicised. 











I also found the imagery related to male and female domestic violence with the female images being much more believable and the male images being focused more on humour. I think male domestic violence is represented very negatively and is not considered as serious as female domestic violence.







No comments:

Post a Comment