Sunday 4 November 2012

OUGD403 - Message and Delivery : Research Continued



Stereotypes is a very interesting topic to look in to. Men and Women are represented with very specific  roles within the media (men as the main breadwinner or hero, women as either a housewife or sex symbol.) These stereotypical ideologies were supported within the media with icons such as Marilyn Monroe and James Bond.


Women

The representations of women became more and more negative as the media progressed which prompted the introduction of feminism. The introduction of Feminists brought us the Women's suffrage act, with women demonstrating for equality and their right to vote.







My article was about domestic violence, I chose to look into stereotypes as a strand from my research. After looking into stereotypes and how men are represented in the media I was shocked by the facilities available for men suffering from domestic violence.



The facts I found about male domestic violence shocked me as I was unaware that men were killed by their partners. I had to ask myself why I did not know this information and I found that it is because male domestic violence is not made public enough whereas female domestic violence is published a lot more.







No comments:

Post a Comment