Monday 28 April 2014

OUGD501: Context of Practice 2 - Practical Concept Development

____

I have written my essay about wayfinding and signage, with a specific focus on the debate between type and image. I have really enjoyed writing the essay as it is something I am very interested in. Coming up with a practical concept is proving to be difficult as what I would like to do for this brief would probably be best suited for my CoP3 submission as I want to extensively research into the topic and the writers that I have theories on it. 


__

Initial Ideas:




 I want to try and test out two maps of leeds, one with type and one with image and see which one is the most successful. This will be hard as I do not have alot of time to do this. I have to come up with a concept that will allow me to gather results quickly. 

We have not had any crits for this project which is incredibly disappointing. I feel that had I had some contact with Amber or Richard I would feel much more confident in approaching this brief. Seen as though I cannot have the crit that I feel I need I have decided to set up my own crit with some other students who feel the same as myself. 

Before this crit I want to sit down with one other student and brainstorm all the possibilites that I can think of for my practical element:











__

Planning my publication:




__

Planning the website:


____

Final concept:

I am going to make an activity book and interactive website based on the key points I have covered in my essay. I will collect results from the activity book and make an information graphic to show the results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment