Tuesday 29 April 2014

OUGD501: Context of Practice 2 - Group Crit

_____

April 29th 2014

As we have not had any concept or progress crits for the Context of Practice 2 Practical a small group of us decided to get together and have one of our own. I did not have a lot of physical content to show but I did have ideas. I had been struggling with an idea for a long while so I found this crit very helpful.

___

My idea:

Create an Application and printed map for commuters in Leeds to find cafes with WiFi within a one mile radius of the train station. The map would play on augmented reality and allow people to hold their smart phone up and it will open in their maps area on their phones.

I know that I want to be able to test out the idea so to get an idea if it works. I am aware that this idea is not exact synthesis as my essay was a debate about whether type and image should work together in wayfinding.

I presented my ideas to the group and this was my feedback.

___

Feedback:

  • Not enough synthesis with my essay
  • How can you try it out?
  • Will you actually make the app?
  • Who are your target audience?
  • Would people not just google it?
  • Would you need WiFi to be able to use the app anyway?
This feedback was very helpful and enabled me to change my idea into something that I could merge into my CoP3 response. 


___

New concept:

Design an activity book and interactive website proving the key points of my essay in a visual way. Collect results from testing people on their knowledge and present them in an info-graphic as my final resolution.

I am very happy with the new concept and hope that it turns out to be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment