Wednesday 30 October 2013

OUGD503: Responsive - 5 Design Briefs

For a preparatory task we were asked to identify 5 competition briefs which we would be interested in entering and take them to the session. We were asked to look at YCN, Graphic Competitions, 99 designs and D&AD.

I chose 5 briefs of which the majority are completed. I wanted to choose some smaller briefs as well as some which would take a longer period of time.

My choices:

99 Designs -

Logo design for Log Cabin holidays:
Source


I chose this brief because it seems quite a short and focused. I like the idea of creating a logo for a log cabin holiday company because I think my style of work will work really well for it. I really like simple serif fonts and I think this company really lends itself to a font like this. 

Graphic Competitions -
Transparency international infographic
Source




I chose this brief because I am a huge fan of info-graphics and use them often in my work. This brief has an ethical aspect to it which I think is really important. I would enjoy working on this brief very much and I think it would help me massively to improve on my info-graphic skills. 

YCN:







Ella's Kitchen-

I chose the Ella's kitchen brief because it seemed the most corporate and professional out of the bunch. I  like the idea of producing something which advertises a brand not only to the audience but to people who wish to invest in the brand. 

Forestry Commission England-

I chose the Forestry Commission brief because I feel like I am part of the target audience. I have designed for audiences which I am a part of before and find it really interesting and beneficial, whether this brief would be the same I do not know.

UK Greetings-

I chose this brief because it is very light hearted and introduces different methods and techniques which are not evident with the others. I like the idea of the free reign to design something which will appeal to a large number of people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment