Sunday 5 May 2013

OUGD401 : From Theory to Practice : Self Evaluation

Today I finally finished my publication. I had a difficult time producing this and I think it is down to a poor topic choice. I decided that I was not fully interested in Hitchcock when it was too late to change my idea. This was a real shame but I thought that many Graphic Designers produce work which they are not necessarily interested in and that I should just make the best of a bad decision. I decided to produce my publication to the best standard I could which I think has worked out very well. 

The binding is not the best and the pages do not meet up perfectly and this is down to little knowledge of binding as I have never done it before or been taught how to do it properly. If I were to cut the pages down I would cut through my text which is not something I am prepared to do. I hope that in my crit that I receive other feedback than my poor binding skills and that people give me some constructive criticism about how my publication could be improved. 

Overall I am happy with the result of my publication though I could have produced something which showed a lot more understanding and creative flare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment