Saturday 4 May 2013

OUGD401 : From Theory to Practice : Print Difficulties

After my book was finished I took it into college to print. I had it all planned, the stock and the binding. I had some difficulties with the printing as the student printing officer could not print from InDesign as a booklet without changing the pagination of my book. I therefore had to try and manually organise my book so it would print correctly for saddle stitch binding. 






























This method did work but unfortunately after trying to print my book more than 4 times I had to leave college as it was closing. This meant that I would have to try and print it on my own printer at home. Fortunately I made my booklet so it would fit on an A4 page which meant that I always had this option. I am not fully happy with the final result as the print quality is obviously better on the digital dungeon printers. I will write this in my evaluation and learn from the consequences for my next publication. 

No comments:

Post a Comment