Monday 10 December 2012

OUGD405 - Typogateux : The Contest - Cake Research

Cake research

Cake 11 image


Though this cake does not contain or is made up of a letterform or word I like the use of colours and the way the maker has tilted each layer. One of our favourite ideas is the leaning tower of type which have had reservations about as I think it would be very hard for us to produce. As this has been produced by a professional cake decorator and maker my reservations still stand though I would like to give it a try.

Cake 22 image


This multiple tiered cake seems a lot simpler to produce which would mean that the leaning tower of type idea would have to turn into just a tower of type. I do like this idea but I think it is not as unique as our initial idea. 

Cake 20 image


Modern Cube Words Wedding Cake


This cake goes hand-in-hand with one of our ideas to cover the cake in the alphabet. I really like the simple square shape and the colour scheme of white. We wanted to produce something very similar to this and I think it could be possible. 

wedding cake pearl balls


I chose to display this cake simply because I love the design. We came up with idea after we saw this cake to have a letter on each ball. Though this does not meet the brief perfectly I do think it could be very interesting. 

London theme cake


We wanted to make our cake unique to the city we are living and studying in which is what inspired this cake design. Our plan was to have a 2/3 tiered cake with the skyline of Leeds around the bottom and LCA at the top. I think this idea could work really well but it quite far off the brief. 

All You Need is Love | Choccywoccydoodah


Our instant thought when we got this brief was the tv programme Chockywockydodah. Above is one of their designs, they are very full on and busy and I do not find all of them appealing but this is one of my favourites. I like the use of colour in this cake and I think it looks really interesting. I do think that this would be near impossible to produce in one week.

Cake 13 image
cake type


Our most favourable idea is 'Helveticake' it has been done before and therefore is not as unique as we might like but I do think it links well with our course and chosen profession. Above is a cake which has been produced in Helvetica which looks really interesting. If we were to create Helveticake we want to attempt to make a black cake with Jam inside. This would be a challenge but I think the end results will be beneficial. 




No comments:

Post a Comment