Monday 5 May 2014

OUGD501: Context of Practice - Practical (Website Development and Design)

____

Website development:


I am creating my activity book in the form of an interactive website to give my project another level. I think that the website would be a great way for me to make my argument reach more people. The design of the site is going to be very simple and concise, there will be many similarities between my activity book and the website as it is pretty much the same thing but on a screen. 

__

Site map:

I have devised a site map to allow me to look into what needs to be on each page and the hierarchy of information that I need to take into consideration for my site to work the best way it can.





Now that I have a solid plan of the site I can start to draw out some rough wireframes and scamps before I begin to mock up the design digitally. 


These rough scamps allow me to set out what information needs to be on what page. Though when I start to design my website these might alter slightly due to usability I am happy with the initial drawings I have put together. 

Digital mock up:

I wanted to dive straight in with this website as I have little time to design it, I know what my layout is going to look like and I have the relative information so all I need to do it put it together. 




_____

Showing the tester pages:


I wanted a way to show how the test pages would work on the website. I used an online GIF maker to piece together each aspect and show how the section would work on the website.


Isotype test:



_____


D.O.T test



The website:













____

Final website:




No comments:

Post a Comment