Wednesday 12 February 2014

OUGD503: Responsive - Collaborative Practice (Inspiration)

We looked at a few other websites for inspiration for our idea:

YouTube Kalidoscope:

A third year LCA Graphic Design student re-designed YouTube for his dissertation. Both Adam and myself really like the overall aesthetic of the site but more the way in which the user interacts with it.



Both Adam and myself really like the idea of having our site as one continuous page which can be scrolled both vertically and horizontally using buttons acting as a slideshow. We think this will be the most efficient way to showcase the amount of information which needs to be on the site.

Make things, do stuff

Numiko recently came into LCA and presented their website for Nesta. Make things, do stuff has inspired me personally within all of my web design briefs. I think that Numiko's use of iconography allows users to take more enjoyment from a website especially as this site is aimed at children. Adam and I intend to create a series of symbols which will represent each of the sectors which Redrow offer for careers, we also plan to use colours to separate each of the areas.



Ofcourse our images will not be a copy of the Numiko icons, we plan to stay in keeping with the Redrow brand which favours more hand drawn illustrations than vector images. I am in charge of the navigation bar icons which will be interesting for me as I usually work with vector images. I can also appreciate the grid within this website and intend to make use of different grids throughout the project.


Huge

Whilst searching Awwwards.com I came across this website, similarly to the first example we looked at both Adam and myself found that using this website was enjoyable and different from other websites which are currently for our target audience. 



Huge has made use of the slideshow effect to showcase more information without it seeming to use lots of webpages. I think that due to the sheer amount of information that is needed for our website we are going to have to come up with interesting ways to display lots information to a target audience who might not be interested in the subject. 

No comments:

Post a Comment