Friday 20 December 2013

OUGD504: Design Production - Design for Print and Web ISTD (Factory Research)

The name of the museum stated in the brief is Type Factory. I want to design my branding around that concept so I have looked into the interiors and exteriors of existing factories both which have been re-vitalised and abandoned. I want to make the experience of the museum quite a special one which is less of a generalisation of a typical museum around today.



I found this example of a factory which has been converted into a bakery. I like how the interior is very simple and modern but yet still keeps part of the authenticity of the old factory. I think it is important to have my museum within a factory environment because of the name as it would be what people would expect to arrive at. 



This example is much more authentic and reminds me of a loft in America. I think that due to my target audience it is important to have the museum within an environment which has a clear history and which has been rejuvinated to have another use. I think this is something which most designers are becoming more open to; the idea of sustainability and re-using something for a secondary purpose. 



This stripped back factory has been converted for the purpose of business. I think the roof of this building is very interesting as it shows the stripped back and organic structure of the building. I would like to go back the roots of old school typography and build up the building as the time goes on. I want my museum to act as a timeline and an experience rather than a conventional museum. 





No comments:

Post a Comment