Tuesday 5 March 2013

OUGD406 - Communication is a Virus : Business Card Research

My task within this brief is to design a business card for our company which we will hand out at our event on Thursday. I have to keep cost in mind whilst also keeping true to the themes within our designs and being unique. I started off this task by first researching business cards which are already in use. I wanted to keep away from the typical Vista Print style cards whilst also wanting to keep it simple and to the point. I found a website with a large range of different business cards for a variety of different businesses.




Source

I would very much like to make a business card which is interactive. Features such as a pull out would be very interesting but also quite costly and time consuming.




Source

In order to keep cost down I think that printing on white stock without block colour would be a better solution, though I will have some problems with this as the rest of the group have printed full colour. 



Source

Thinking literally about the business card could also be very interesting. I would probably think about making a pill box which when opened contains a business card shaped like a pill.



Source

Making a multifunctional business card could be a great way to make our company go viral. Though this would be a good way to become more known I do think that our audience are so niche that creating a card which they could use in within their day would be difficult and also goes against our theme.



Source

Edible business cards is a brilliant idea to attract people to the brand, this is an interesting idea but I do think it would be near impossible for us to create.



 Source

Adding a function to a business card is something which I have touched on before though this example is probably more suited to the audience we are targeting. I do think that we are limited by stock and that  it would be very difficult to produce something to this standard. 



Source

Damaging the business card could be interesting as it adds another interactive trait to a sometimes boring product. 



Source

The idea of including a laptop or computer into the business card design could be very interesting as it would link to the machine which the audience would be using to view the blog and site.




Source

Stock is something which I can play around with though I do have to keep cost in mind. I have played around with idea of negative space and printing my business cards on acetate but I think it would not go with the theme we have running through the project.




Source

A box would be an interesting way to promote a brand. I have mentioned this above and would like to experiment with the idea. 



Source

Literal business card ideas could be very effective 























No comments:

Post a Comment